Restoring FANUC Beta Drive Parameters
Some instructions to help out when replacing your drives and restoring the Fanuc beta drive parameters. With Beta series drives the parameters are stored in the drive so if you
replace the drive the parameters will go with it. MRO Electric and Supply maintains a comprehensive stock of new and used FANUC Robotics Drives parts. If you need a replacement part, please call 800-691-8511 or email email@example.com.
To save and restore Power Mate CNC Manager parameters to Beta Servo Drives:
This is required when replacing a Beta drive and applies to the following
controls. 16iA,18iA,21iA,16iB,18iB,21iB,20i,16,18,21,0i,Powe rate-iD and Powermate-iH.
1. Make NC PRM 960.3 (PMN) = 0 (Enables PMM function).
2. Select where parameters are to be saved (to save to memory card on i series controls make PRM 960.2
(MD2) = 0 and PRM 960.1 (MD1) = 1, to save as a part program make PRM 960.1 = 0).
3. Set parameter 8760 to the program number you want the parameters to be stored as. Note 1.
4. Press the SYSTEM button then the RIGHT CHAPTER button until the Power Motion Manager screen is displayed.
5. Press the SYSTEM soft key.
6. Press the PARAM soft key.
7. Press the OPRT soft key.
8. Press the RIGHT CHAPTER button. READ and PUNCH soft keys will be displayed.
9. Select EDIT mode.
10.To save parameters from Beta drive to CNC press the READ soft key, press the ALL soft key then the EXEC soft key.
11.To restore the parameters from the CNC to the Beta drive press the PUNCH soft key, press the ALL soft key, then the EXEC soft key.
Be sure to check out our article covering A06B-6105-H002 – FANUC Robotics R-2000iA Servo Amplifier found here.