FANUC America, a leading manufacturer of CNC products, robots, and ROBOMACHINES has expanded its line of high-performance Fanuc Robot SCARA series. The line will now offer more reach and payload options, specifically targeting companies that use the series for assembly, packaging, and inspection lines.
FANUC’s line of 4-axis SCARA robots will now include the SR-3iA, SR-6iA, SR-12iA, and new SR-20iA models with 3kg, 6kg, 12kg and 20kg payload capacities along with a 400-1,100mm reach.
The smaller SR-3iA and SR-6iA SCARA Fanuc robot units have a smaller footprint and space-saving design to increase efficiency. Additionally, the SR-3iA/H and SR-6iA/H and 3-axis versions that offer strong performance and are an affordable alternative to small linear slide products. The higher-payload SR-12iA and SR-20iA are flexible offerings with a large vertical stroke, and have an environmental option for harsher installation conditions. All of the SCARA series robots include excellent robot motion, high-speed operation, and ultimate precision.
Eric Potter, director of Fanuc’s automotive engineering segments, states that “FANUC’s SCARA robots provide great solutions when speed an repeatability are essential. Our SCARA robots are designed to help customers increase productivity in a number of industries including consumer electronics, auto components, plastics, food & beverage, lab automation, appliances and medical device manufacturing.”
The SCARA series is powered by a R-30iB Compact Plus controller, making it so that they have the same reliability and intelligence that is available across all of FANUC’s robotic line. They also include integrated iRVision, conveyor tracking, and most other software options.
SCARA Fanuc robot features and benefits
- Space-saving design minimizes interference with peripheral devices. The SR-3iA and SR-6iA have an ultra-compact footprint and slim profile. The SR-12iA and SR-20iA have internal cable routing to eliminate interference.
- Six models available: SR-3iA (4-axis/400mm reach), SR-3iA/H (3-axis/400mm reach), SR-6iA (4-axis/650mm reach), SR-6iA/H (3-axis/650mm reach), SR-12iA (4-axis/900mm reach), and the SR-20iA (4-axis/1,100mm reach).
- The SR-12iA and SR-20iA offer environmental options including white epoxy coating, bellow covers, anti-rust bolts and seals, and IP65 rating to withstand dust and liquids.
- SR-12iA and SR-20iA provide high inertia and high payloads, maximizing flexibility to handle large work pieces.
- Highest motion performance with continuous fast operation at all payloads.
- A generous vertical stroke makes it possible to perform assembly, packaging and various handling operations.
- Bottom cable exit (optional) protects cables, and saves valuable floor space for higher efficiency.
- Brake release switch on the robot’s arm allows easy error recovery.
- High-performance R-30iB Compact Plus controller requires minimal space and allows layout and installation flexibility.
- Web-based iRProgrammer user interface for intuitive and easy robot setup and programming on a PC or Tablet (Teach Pendant is optional).
- Standard CE/NRTL compliance on the R-30iB Compact Plus controller allows global deployment without any additional cost.
- Same high performance intelligent software options across the entire Fanuc robot line, including iRVision (integrated vision), conveyor tracking (iRPickTool), fieldbus connectivity and integrated safety.
SCARA stands for Selective Compliance Assembly Robot Arm or Selective Compliance Articulated Robot Arm. For more information about the FANUC SCARA series, please visit www.fanucamerica.com/scara.