When installing a new Siemens Simodrive system, one of the first steps is to mount the drives in the cabinet. When you mount Siemens Simodrives, the modules must be arranged in a particular layout. The following criteria must be taken into account.
– Function of the module
– Cross section of the DC link busbar
Continue reading How to Mount Siemens Simodrives
Reloading Siemens Sinumerik Start-up Archive Files for the NC and PLC
1. Using OP, (Operator Panel) select hardkey Machine then Menu select
Observe: The main operating areas horizontal softkey menu appears. Machine, Parameter, Program, Services, Diagnosis and Start-up.
2. Using OP, select softkey Services
Observe: Current operating area is displayed at top left of display.
3. Using OP, select the hardkey (etc…/extension of the softkey menu key).
Observe: Horizontal softkey menu contains a key labeled Series start-up
NOTE: If softkey Series start-up does not appear then the password access rights need to be set. See the procedure Setting Password Access rights Page 3.
4. Using OP, select horizontal softkey Series start-up.
Observe: Display shows ‘Create series startup archive’ window.
NOTE: If Display shows Read startup archive window, skip step 5
5. Using OP, select vertical softkey Read start-up archive
Observe: A new window will appear, labeled Read Series Start-up Archive.
6. Using OP cursor keys highlight the appropriate NC or PLC archive file.
Note: The backup files are created by the builder and / or end user and the specific name may vary. Suggestion: Select a file which refers to the NC or PLC and has the most recent date
7. Using OP, press the vertical softkey Start.
Observe: The window will shift to the Job Log display. a. Answer the query ‘Do you wish to perform a series start-up?’ By pressing the vertical softkey Yes. b. A series of prompts will appear, telling you the status of the upload of the various series start-up files from the NC archive. c. The message ‘NC Reset – Please wait’ will now appear as many as 6 times. This is normal. d. The control will shift back to the Read Series Start-up Archive display.
8. If necessary, repeat steps 6 and 7, selecting the appropriate archive file, to load both the NC and the PLC.
Continue reading Reloading Siemens Sinumerik Start-up Archive Files