Installation of Yaskawa GPD 503 Drives:
1. Be certain your input voltage source, motor, and drive name plates are all marked either 230V, 460V, or 575V. Other voltages can be used, but they require additional programming.
2. Mount drive on vertical surface with adequate space for air circulation.
3. Remove front cover, fit conduit to bottom plate, and connect power and ground wires.
Caution: Be certain you connect power to terminals L1, L2, and L3 only, or serious damage will result. Connect motor to T1, T2, and T3 only.
Installation of External Run/Stop Switch and Speed Potentiators:
Important: Complete the Installation and Keypad Operation before attempting external control.
- Disconnect power, remove cover, and wait for “CHARGE” light to go out.
- Connect a switch to terminals 1 and 11 using two conductor shielded wire. This circuit is 24Vdc, very low current; use a quality rotary or toggle switch (all wire should be 14-18AWG). Connect the shield to terminal 12 on the drive end only.
- Install a single conductor “jumper wire” between drive terminals 5 and 11.
- Connect a manual speed potentiometer rated 2000-3000 ohms, 1 watt minimum, using three conductor shielded wire, with shield connected at terminal 12. Connect wires to the potentiometer. Trace wire closest to the top and connect to terminal 17. Trace center wire of potentiometer through and connect to terminal 16. The remaining wire will be connected to the trim pot in step 5.
- Connect a trim potentiometer rated 2000-3000 ohms, 1 watt minimum, as close to the drive terminals as possible. Viewing the potentiometer from the back, connect a single conductor wire from the left terminal to terminal 15 of the drive. Connect a short jumper wire between the center and left terminals. Connect remaining wire from manual speed pot as shown.
MRO Electric and Supply Company carried new and remanufactured Yaskawa GPD 503 Drives. To place an order or for more information, call 800-691-8511 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.