Siemens SINAMICS SMC10, SMC20, and SMC30 drives include high-performance single drives and coordinated drives (multiple-axis applications) with vector or servo functionalities that allow for implementation of truly customized high performance drive solutions for the ultimate in flexibility and increased productivity. In addition to an innovative system architecture and digital communication options, these drives come in a variety of designs and cooling types, each delivering performance from 0.16 to 6,000 HP, and feature efficient engineering and quick commissioning resulting from innovative tools and simple wiring. The SINAMICS series is built to be as streamlined with your automation operations as possible. Different Siemens SINAMICS S120 versions can be combined as required through the DRIVE-CLiQ interface.
A few of the popular modules for the SINAMICS S120 series of drives are the SMC Sensor Modules. The cabinet-mounted sensor module is necessary to evaluate the encoder signals of motors without a DRIVE-CLiQ interface.
- SMC10 – 6SL3055-0AA00-5AA3 – Used for determining the actual motor speed and the rotor position angle
- SMC20 – 6SL3055-0AA00-5BA3 – Used for determining the actual motor speed and the path length
- SMC30 – 6SL3055-0AA00-5CA2 – Used for determining the actual motor speed
The SMC10/20/30 Sensor Modules feature the following connections and interfaces:
- 1 encoding connection including motor temperature sensing via SUB D-connector
- 1 DRIVE-CLiQ interface
- 1 power supply connection (24 V DC connection)
- 1 PE connection
Has your S120 Series SINAMICS module failed? As with all of our services, our repairs come with a 12 month guarantee. Our repair service is based on doing the right job, and getting your part back to you as soon as possible. Every part we refurbish is tested to make sure they work the way they are supposed to. Our factory-trained technicians have many years working with Siemens products.